Wednesday 19 September 2007

Thanks For Nothing !

So finally the finance minister has clarified the new property tax rules(Svd, Dn). If feel very happy that he's given me the opportunity to subsidise the high earners living in expensive villas.

I'm trying to sell my house right now and since I live on the edge of Västerås my property tax is not so high anyway. But when I sell my house the extra 2% tax on the profit will more than make up for the lower property tax. Then there's the 0.5% interest on the tax...

Where is the money going to come from to pay for this I wonder? Oh yes I forgot, it's the money the government is going to take away from all the sick people......

2 comments:

JMT said...

You said it yourself that what pays for the lowered tax is the incread tax on your profits from selling the house + plus that you can't postpone the tax payment the same way.

Why not sell the house before the end of 2007 and you can pay the 20% tax instead

Ian Bird-Radolovic said...

Because I still need to find the right house to move into....