Thursday 13 September 2007

Life Goes On After Svennis

After England's 3-0 win over Israel and Russia, finally the England football team is playing like the kind of team they need to be in order to win competitions. The last two matches have shown that the great players in the squad can work together as a coherent team.

I hope now that people will give Steve McClaren some room to do his job and stop comparing him to Svennis. Svennis was the right man at the time, but that time has passed and now it's time to move on. Under Svennis's time as manager, England never quite managed to gell and look like force to be recond with. I hope that McClaren has found the key to unlock this potenetial.

For one thing I want to see an England-Sweden match that does not end in a draw and before I die I'd love to see England raise a major trophy and bring footbal home.

No comments: