Monday 3 September 2007

Baby 2.0 User Guide

Today is the first day of my paternity leave. For the next 12 months I will be ay home for one week looking after my daughter and then at work for one week looking after me project!

So Last night my wife and I sat down to write the User Guide, a sheet of paper telling me what and when to feed her, when she sleeps and how to keep her happy when its time to leave or collect our other child from daycare. This should be enough to get me through the first week, until my daughter has me properly 'schooled in'.

Working 50% for a year is the same solution we used for our first child and it worked really well. I got to see his development for a full year instead of onlu 6 months, whilst at the same time keeping that adult contact at work and staying 'in the loop'.


The weather today has been fantastic. We went out for a two hour walk through the forest and my daughter slept the whole time. I really hope this will continue......

1 comment:

bengt said...

Ha, ha. Why the User Guide?
Regardless who´s home, everyone should know the basics. It´s not that difficult. Crying means need for new diaper, food or sleap.
Forget about what time it is, just follow the flow. Like the seaturtles in "Finding Nemo". I just love them.