Wednesday 1 August 2007

Live each day as If it could be your last' - What a load of Bollocks!

You often hear people say, ’live each day as if it was your last’, but what would happen if you actually took this philosophy to heart.

If I thought this would be my last day on Earth I probably wouldn’t bother with anything as mundane as cleaning the house or washing my clothes. There would be no real point in shaving just for one day either. Also, I’m not likely to want to spend what could potentially be my last day alive at work so I can forget about that right away.

I really should do something meaningful with my time. I’ve always wanted to see the Pyramids of Egypt, but of course it would take a day to fly there and if this might be my last living day then I sure as hell don’t want to spend it on a plane. Probably best if I just stay at home.

Eating will be a problem because there will probably be no food in the house as I didn’t go shopping yesterday as I though I might be dead today. I wouldn’t want to leave my family without saying goodbye so I would definite ring everyone and tell them how much they mean to me, just in case. This will be awkward as they will probably reply, ‘Yes, yes, you’ve been saying that every day for the last four years since you decided to live each day as if it might be your last, so sod off and please stop calling it’s getting depressing!.

You get the idea…..I propose instead to have a philosophy that you should ‘live each day as if you were sure you’d get another one tomorrow’. This has the advantage of ensuring that the housework gets done, you keep your job and also, for all but one day of your life, your assumption would be proved correct.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!!!