Tuesday 7 August 2007

Just a Perfect Day

One of things I love most about working in Sweden is the freedom which flex time allows. When I worked in the UK it was all very rigid, we started at 9.00am and finished at 5.00pm.

Today though at 14.00pm I decided to flex out and enjoy what might be the last of the summer sun and take my son swimming at 'Gropen' in Hökåsen.

I wasn't the only one either, many of my collegues left early to enjoy the sunshine too. Flextime is like freedom of expression, or the right to vote, it should not be taken for granted since not everyone in the world gets the chance to make use of it. It makes the balance between work life and home life so much easier to manage and it gives you opportunities like today, to go off and spend some quality time outdoors with the kids.

No comments: