Monday 23 July 2007

The Thief of Time

Finally after all these years I have got my hands on the last Harry Potter book.

Within its covers all the answers will be revealed and all the plot twists laid bare.

But I can't bloody read it !!!!!!

The problem is that I have two small children aged 2.5yrs and 6 months who don't allow me a moment to myself.

During the day they demand constant attention and if I try to sit down to read the eldest will poke his face into the book to see what I'm doing or will start shouting for me to come over and look at his train set.

In the evenings we put them both to bed at around 7.00pm, it takes about half an hour to get the eldest into bed an read him a story etc.. Then the youngest wakes up again wanting more food, so we feed her. Her brother will then start climbing out of bed and running around upstairs. We then get another hour of constantly going up and down to put the little bugger back! My wife and I feel like a tag team where one of us is constantly jumping up to sort one of them out.

By about 9.00pm they have finally settled down, so I can pursue more important things (like reading Harry Potter books, blogging and watching Series 3 of Doctor Who, which my brother kindly sent over from England).

Edward Young famously wrote that 'Procrastination is the Thief of Time'

He had clearly never met my kids - I'd love to have enough free time to procrastinate.

Anyway I am off now to discover when Ron Harry and Hermione will stop running around the countryside and get on with the story.

No comments: